26 April 2008

It makes my heart sing

According to Salon, feminists can be funny chicks and totally sexy, even if they are only at the very upper end of averagely attractive!

Here's a bit from the Amy Poehler interview:

Poehler, a self-proclaimed feminist ("Absolutely I am!" she declared without hesitation when I asked her), once told Bust magazine, "I get worried for young girls sometimes; I want them to feel that they can be sassy and full and weird and geeky and smart and independent, and not so withered and shriveled." She has also delivered some of "Saturday Night Live's" most female-friendly material, like her Weekend Update routine exhorting Hollywood's young stars to stop removing all their pubic hair. ("Ladies, what's up with all the deforestation going on down there? You need hair down there! ... There was a time when a lady garden was as big as a slice of New York pizza!")
I have a woman's crush on her.

Vanity Fair
on the same topic, but which I mean comediennes in general and Tina Fey and Amy Poehler in particular. You'll remember it was in Vanity Fair that Christopher Hitchens had his "Why Women Aren't Funny" spac attack.

1 comment:

Lael said...

Very entertaining visit to your blog - Thanks for the read.