03 March 2009

Calm down everyone! Jonathan Rhys Meyers has got better!

I like to think I broke the story, although given that no one commented on my previous post or even, according to Google Analytics, looked at it, that is admittedly unlikely.

Anyway, the sentence I highlighted in Jonathan Rhys Meyers Wikipedia page (see previous post) is gone. I noted the following comment on the relevant Wikipedia Talk Page*.

Down Syndrome?
Could it possibly be accurate that he was "retroactively diagnosed with Down's syndrome"? Down's syndrome is a serious genetic disorder that results in greatly impaired cognitive function and marked physical characteristics. Rhys Meyers shows NONE of these characteristics. This is simply bizarre. I wonder if the person who put this here got the syndrome mixed up with another?
I guess he'll probably never know about it, but I save JRM's bacon. He owes me, and one day I'll be collecting.

* Would you capitalise "talk page"? I don't think I would really. Still, it's done now.

4 comments:

Ampersand Duck said...

I hope he'll be suitably grateful whenever you front up to him to collect :)

zigsma said...

My hypochonriacal nature now compells me to rush to GP (or at least Google for self-diagnosis) as I am also exceptionally hunsum, but not so good at the acting stuff...

Miss Schlegel said...

Please don't put yourself down Claire. You are an excellent actress, and really quite mongy.

Miss Schlegel said...

A.Duck — I'm going to collect in kisses.